Thursday 6 December 2018

Sherbet

Today in science we made sherbet. We used four different ingredients. Icing sugar to make it sweet. Baking soda to make it fizz in your mouth. Citric acid to make it tangy. Tartaric acid to make it sour or tart. Before we started Mrs Drummond made us taste the ingredients individually. Lots of people ran out to get a drink. Then we started to mix. First we did a spoon of icing sugar, a spoon of baking soda, a spoon of citric acid and a spoon of tartaric acid. We tried it and thought it was a bit to sour so in the next batch we added a spoon more of icing sugar but didn't change anything else. When we tried the next batch I thought it was the perfect recipe. The other people in my group didn't agree so we tried another recipe. This time the rest of my group thought this was the perfect recipe. I had to agree it was pretty good but it wasn't my favourite. It was a really fun activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment